Management Communication: Acquire the Power of Influence
- Management Communication: Key principles of positive leadership.
- Conscious Communication: Building awareness and developing a daily practice of management communication principles.
- Self-Leadership: Self-awareness and the inner motivation to holistic leadership qualities and influencing skills.
- High Challenge, High Support: Cultivating an environment conducive to the practice of Conscious Communication and Self-Leadership
Management Practicum: Applying Theory into Practice
You will be required to define and solve strategic problems, explore business opportunities, enhance organisational competitiveness, and improve organisational and managerial effectiveness – all within a limited timeframe. You will be working in teams of 4-5 students alongside company representatives and under the supervision of a faculty. As a team, you will research and analyse issues to produce a comprehensive, in-depth strategic business plan that would incorporate financial, marketing, operational and strategic recommendations. This required program will earn you 4 modular credits towards your graduation and needs 3-4 months to complete.Recent Management Practicum projects:
- Market entry strategies for a global helicopter manufacturing and support company looking to expand regionally
- Research for a non-governmental organization towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities within south East Asia
- Improvements to operational efficiencies and service levels for a hospital group in Singapore
- Analysis of the Asian bond markets and identification of strategic opportunities for an investment management company
- Improving situational analysis skills through a focus on business case training
- Improving persuasion skills through a focus on business presentations
- Improving discussion skills through a focus on extemporaneous discussion skills
- Improving presentation and communication skills through digital media. Modes of emphasis include business case analysis, effective presentations, client and project management, handling Q&A and giving effective feedback and appraisals
Tailor Your MBA To Your Objectives
NUS MBA is a journey of self discovery, culture immersion and leadership improvement. The most valuable asset I learnt is “leading from who you are”.
China, Class of 2017
2015 Intake, Full time